Monday, June 4, 2012

1st Daddy Daughter Date!

As part of Mother's Day a few weeks back, I set up an appointment for Moonsung to go get her hair cut at a nice salon near our place.  While she was there, Campbell and I went on our first official Daddy-Daughter Date!  First up was a ride on Campbell's number one favorite activity: riding the horsies.  I think if she could spend the whole day on there.



Next up, we went to Ruby's Diner for lunch for cheeseburgers, corndogs, french fries, and fruit.  When we finished, we headed next door to the movie theater to try our luck at Campbell's first movie.  I thought she'd like to see Disney's Chimpanzee movie since she seems to really like monkeys and apes, and it seemed like she actually did, but sitting still proved to be too much for her, and I mostly ended up apologizing to other people for her walking around.  We left after about 5 minutes of actual movie time.  Next time, I'm not going into the theater until the movie is actually starting.  We wasted good time watching previews and popcorn and candy singing.  


After the very brief movie, we decided to get "ice keegee" at Pinkberry.  Campbell just ate the blueberries (baybears) off the top, which probably was a good, healthy idea.  Moonsung was feeling pretty tired after her outing to the salon, so Campbell and I went down to Doheny to meet Ryan and Lani who were visiting for the weekend.  Campbell must have been tired because she was content to stay in her chair most of the time.  We roasted some hot dogs and played a little with the other kids until Campbell gave me a hug and said let's go (kaja in Korean).  


 What a fun day we had together!  A perfect first date with my little best friend.




1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! My girls live for Daddy/Daughter dates- it makes them feel so special.

    ReplyDelete